|Updated on||:||March 16, 2013|
|List Price:||:||$ 62.88|
|Price starting at||:||$ 16.00|
|Tags||:||Cover, Mesh, Philadelphia, Phillies, Steering, Wheel|
Philadelphia Phillies Mesh Steering Wheel Cover
Philadelphia Phillies Mesh Steering Wheel Cover
- Philadelphia Phillies Mesh Steering Wheel Cover.
- Drive in style with these high quality steering wheel covers!
- The steering wheel cover is made of polysuede and mesh for a comfortable grip and features your favorite team’s logo.
- The steering wheel cover easily stretches to fit car, truck and SUV steering wheels.
The slip on in seconds, with no lacing required. Made by Fremont Die.
Available for purchase at Amazon.com: http://amzn.com/B008MQ5DJ2 Let’s go, explorers! ¡Vámonos! The Dora the Explorer Universal Activity Tray for Kindle Fire…
Video Rating: 3 / 5
Question by Toaster : What are some axctions a student could take to stand out on college applications?
By the statement above, I am NOT talking about SAT’s and honors/AP classes. I do NOT want to hear about that in the answers to this question. I am talking about raising money for needy people, or helping children suffering with Polio… What are some creative and fun ideas?
Answer by dann of thursday
HERE ARE SOME WAYS…
1. Sled-a-thon – Each student can seek pledges for each trip down the hill. One school did
this and made over $ 2,000. A potluck was held afterward for the participants and their
2. 3-on-3 basketball tournament – Charge a team of 3-4 players $ 40 for entrance and ask
local businesses for prize donations. If you provide tee shirts for the event, you could raise
the entrance fee.
3. Car wash, for a donation – You could also sell other items at the car wash (have a small
food stand available with coffee, juice, bagels, fruit, etc.). One school raised $ 1,300 in about
five hours. Or, you could also hold a free car wash and ask for pledges in advance per car
washed (for example, $ 0.10 per car).
4. Spring yard work to local community members – One soccer team offered to rake yards
and spread compost at a bargain rate. They had 10 players working 3 ½ days each and
each boy made $ 240.00. Customers were asked to give a donation for the work and
everyone exceeded expectations.
5. “Chuck a Puck at the Rink” – A hockey team plays this game between the 2nd and 3rd periods
of the hockey game. Each puck is numbered and sold for $ 1. Everyone throws them on the
ice and the one closest to the center gets half of the money sold. In one season, they raised
$ 24,000. You could adapt this to basketball games using numbered bean bags.
6. Administrative fun – Have money jars available for the students to place money into. The
school secretary would count the amount in the jars on a daily basis and post the total. At
set increments, (for example, $ 100, $ 200, $ 500) the principal and/or vice-principal would
have to do stunts such as dress as a cheerleader, do cheers, act out a scene from a play,
etc. One school earned over $ 3,300 in one year.
7. G.S.T. auction (goods, services, and talents) – Solicit local businesses (or parents or groups
of school children) to donate anything they can offer. One school had a number of items
available for auction including a week at a time share (airfare not included), a week at a
cottage, hair care services, a lawn tractor, furniture, food and restaurant gift certificates.
This school raised $ 20,000.
8. Bricks with engraved donor names – Bricks can be ‘sold’ for $ 50 each or more. One school
raised $ 520,000 with this idea.
9. School event planners – These were sold for $ 7 each at school registration and included all
event dates, such as football games, holidays, national tests, dances, and band events.
Fifty percent of the sales were profit.
10. Temporary tattoos – A university group sold these with their university logo at home football
and basketball games. In the first two months, they raised over $ 10,000.
11. “Halloween Insurance” – One organization sold insurance for $ 1 and guaranteed to clean up
any soaped windows, cars, etc. the day after Halloween. They had 6 clean-up calls and
everyone tipped them, despite purchasing the insurance. A group of 7 members made over
12. Sell seat cushions at sporting events – Sell advertisements on the cushions to 12-20 local
businesses for $ 50-100. You may even be able to give the cushions away.
13. Plant sale – Ask parents to donate plants for a sale. They can divide their perrenials and
share them with other families. A garden club makes about $ 1,000-2,000 each year from a
sale like this.
14. Raffle – One group sold 1,000 tickets at $ 10 (or 3 for $ 25) and the prize was a gift certificate
for $ 2,500 at an electronic store. They expected to make between $ 5,000-$ 7,500. Check
your local laws governing raffles.
15. School rummage or clothing sale – Clothing sales can be very successful and are a good
way for families to purchase affordable clothes as their families grow.
Hope this helps
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Parenting Tips That Can Help Change Your Life
Parenting is never an easy quest to embark upon and it will be filled with twists and turns along the way. These tips are structured to supply you with the most informative and respected bits of advice in regards to raising children properly while enjoying the experience. Take the advice that you find helpful and use your own approaches to parenthood. Parenting is different for everyone.
A part of being a good parent involves being able to listen to and communicate with your child. Try to be available to listen to them whenever they want to talk, and find out what is on their mind. If you are able to be a good listener, your child will be more comfortable and willing to talk to you about the things on their mind, including any serious issues.
Play time is a child’s favorite time. They need playtime to release their energy. However, effective parents should do more than simply setting aside time for playing.
You ought to move your youngster into a toddler bed once they stand 36 inches tall or are able to climb out of a crib on their own. This can be a scary change; so do what you can to make it fun, such as choosing bedding with characters they love.
Many times young children have trouble changing. Abrupt changes can lead to stress and crying fits.
Rules should be clearly defined for children, and a list can help you accomplish this. They must also be aware that there are consequences when the rules are broken. Establishing rules and boundaries for the youngest members of your family will demonstrate how much you love them and are committed to their safety. Rules are a way to make parenting easier because the kids will learn them, and you won’t have to keep repeating yourself.
By removing all junk food from your house, you are encouraging healthy eating. If you don’t have any nasties like candy, fruit snacks, or Doritos in your house, your child won’t bug you about them. Teach your child that such treats are for special occasions and celebrations.
Surely you have found the information in this article to be quite helpful. If you apply the tips you’ve learned here, you will be able to build a better relationship with your children. Let the tips laid out here help you to create a pleasure-filled time with your child, or children, for as long as you can.